Tuesday, June 3, 2014

impressions from Nadelwelt 2014

We recently had one of our biggest patchwork and hand crafting conventions in Germany in Karlsruhe. It was the first time that I had the pleasure of attending and didn't really know what to expect. I had visited a crafting convention in Ulm, but that was almost eight years ago. A lot of things have changed since then! Or haven't they? I have at least. I know my taste and style.

My family was nice enough to join me for this big outing. We made it an all day event and packed some goodies for our road trip. Since we travelled on Sunday, there was virtually no traffic; semi-trucks are not allowed to drive on the highways on Sundays until the evening hours again. And contrary to what most people think, there are speed limits on the German Autobahnen (interstate highways). There are some sections that do not have a speed limit, but most do. And most importantly, there are countless speed traps along the way.

Nadelwelt was in a new convention hall that was magnificent - very impressive. You could walk through a very organized quilt exhibit showing a wide range of vintage Irish quilts to modern fabric embellished art. Paula Nadelstern was there too to show off her quilts with also with a book signing. (I should have taken my book along with me!! Forgetful me.) After we toured the quilt exhibition, we strolled through the aisles of patchwork and hand crafting hog heaven. There were patchwork companies from Germany and Holland. I kept wanting to stop, but kept on trucking until I saw everything. I went back at the end to the most promising stands that caught my attention. My husband went back to the long arm quilt machine booth. I think he wants one for Christmas! ;.)

My most favorite booths were from Quilt Textilkunst and Tante Emma!





Patch-Yard and Herzensstoff were very impressive with bright colored, trendy fabrics.
Paula Nadelsterns's exhibit and a new addition to the family?
 Other great impressions for the quilt exhibits! Amazings...simply amazing!
 And this was the inside of a patchwork tee pee that was crocheted! Incredible!


I hope you enjoyed my little tour of Impressions from Nadelwelt 2014.

The next convention will take place 15. - 17.May 2015. Don't miss it!





2 comments:

  1. How delightful for you and your family to go on such a fun outing. What beautiful samples of what the day had to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get organised to go this year as I had hoped, but I'm really hoping I'll get the chance to go next year. I spent many a happy summer working in Karlsruhe during my college years and have been longing to go back for a visit ever since so what better excuse could there be!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments! You really make my day! - Karen

Notice:
If you comment on my blog, your personal data such as IP-Address will be collected by Google. Find more information about this on my General Data Protection Page:

https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.htm or that from Google.
___________________________

Hinweis:
Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.