Thursday, July 11, 2013

a sweet little cake for such a sweet little lady

Hi everyone! I wanted to share a little post with you about a birthday cake I recently made for my daughter.

Every year I think about and talk with my kids about what kind of birthday cake they would like. {In the recent years, my son has had the more elaborate cakes, so I thought I would go all out this year on my daughter.} I remembered we had looked at "How to make a Barbie Cake" video on the Internet. When I mentioned it to my daughter, her eyes lit up.

It really isn't that hard to do, either. It is just a regular white cake baked in a Pyrex glass bowl. You could also use a Gugelhupfform if you have one. You don't need to level off the top, because it will give you added height that you need. I used a teen Barbie; the regular sized Barbie was too tall. Wrap your doll first in Saran Wrap or Klarsichtsfolie before you stick her in the cake. You might want to hollow out a bit from the center first. Let your daughter(s) help you decorate. Make sure you take the doll out before you cut the cake. I don't thin Barbie will like all those cuts on her legs.

In the end, I hope this stays with her memories. It is the little things in life that count.

Enjoy your weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. wow those kids cake do get fancier and fancier - I remember lot's of pirate cakes - ein Marmorkastenkuchn mit Papiersegeln an einem Schaschlikspießmast und Gummbierbärchen als Piraten oben drauf und Smarties als Bullaugen an der Seite ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they certainly do. Can't wait until next year though! ;.)

      Delete

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments! You really make my day! - Karen

Notice:
If you comment on my blog, your personal data such as IP-Address will be collected by Google. Find more information about this on my General Data Protection Page:

https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.htm or that from Google.
___________________________

Hinweis:
Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.