Friday, July 4, 2014

patchwork at the peaks 6


I am very excited to share with you I will also be teaching a short course at Patchwork at the Peaks 6 in Morzine, France this fall. I am have always dreamed about going off on a retreat deep in the mountains, with the cold misty, autumn air embracing me...quilting my heart out, not having to worry about cooking, and retreating in the evening in front of a fireplace with a good book. It totally reminds me of home in the Appalachian Mountains but better. Unbelievable, but exactly that type of retreat has found me! The very witty Elita from the Busy Needle Quilting in Geneva, Switzerland invited me to teach and participate in a "one-of-a-kind" quilting retreat exclusively for English speakers living in Europe. Naja, wenn Sie nur deutsch reden können, könnte ich auch natürlich alles übersetzen! ;.)

Elita has been organizing these wonderful quilting retreats for several years now inviting bloggers from around Europe to join up and share their knowledge. Different from the Fat Quarterly, Elita organizes these groups with emphasis on quality and small personal learning groups where other quilters can grow together and most importantly learn from each other. Four days of quilting, laughing, enjoying home-cooked (by someone else) meals, sauna, hot tub, massage and manicure await all of you who are simply yearning to get away from it all and spoil yourself! Is it tempting? I hope it is, because I wouldn't miss it for the world.

What will I be teaching? I will give a short introduction to using up your scraps especially for foundation piecing. I designed this simple leaf wall hanging called "Autumn at the Peaks". You can choose from different sizes, but the main idea is to use up those scraps. Complete instructions and material list will be distributed through Elita. After the retreat, you might even find the pattern on Craftsy.

I hope you will join us on from October 2 - 5, 2014 at Patchwork at the Peaks in Morzine, France hosted by Elita. Spaces are limited, so sign up now. You can also fly into Geneva where a shuttle will pick you up and transport you the the chalet. You can find more information and pictures at the Retreat FUN-damentals of Patchwork at the Peaks 6.

I look forward to seeing you there! Karen

4 comments:

  1. Da geht für Dich ja ein Traum in Erfüllung! Ich freu mich für Dich!
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! Congratulations. I love the pattern and look forward to when it is available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doubly envious, the retreat sounds lovely AND it's in France.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Das freut mich sehr für dich, Karen! Ich wünsche Dir ganz viel Glück!
    Liebe Grüße
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments! You really make my day! - Karen

Notice:
If you comment on my blog, your personal data such as IP-Address will be collected by Google. Find more information about this on my General Data Protection Page:

https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.htm or that from Google.
___________________________

Hinweis:
Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.