Monday, July 14, 2014

mystic rainbow chevron pattern

Life is grand and then you are blessed with time. Sometimes I have so many ideas, I don't know what to do with them all. You would think that I am a chaot who has an idea..jumps in..and forgets all about it and starts something totally different. (I would not be surprised if my friends say that about me.) Well, I never forgot about this one. I always wanted to make it and did! It is finished!! I also took the time to write the instructions. It is called Mystic Rainbow Chevron and has three different layouts.

The idea came about at end of last year when the Kona Cotton Essentials Challenge was announced and I entered it. I had a small stash of 6" Color Essentials and wanted desperately to use them up but didn't know how. I decided to make a rainbow with chevrons but mix it up just a bit.

Here is the picture that I posted in 2013:

You can slightly see the pattern in the background and if you look closely, you can see it is just a tad bit different than the one shown above. Why? Because I am offering three different versions for three different tastes.

What is really great about this pattern is that you are given a coloring page to design your own colorway. You can use any color scheme ranging from gradients to a rainbow or even in masculine neutrals. Have fun with this little mini. It measures about 11 x 15.5 inches. You can use it for a placemat or a tablet case panel.

The pattern is all paper piecing expect for the borders...take a second look...all of the chevrons line up perfectly! I told you I was looking for the easiest way to make chevrons that was fast and perfect...and here it is! the chevrons nest every time.

You can see more examples on Craftsy. And the best part of all - the pattern will be available for a very minimal fee of $1.49! Yahoo...have fun!

Why am I charging a fee? Well, many of you have downloaded the free patterns in the past. That is great...it makes me happy, but it would make me happier to see you sewing my patterns. Would you buy a pattern and not make it? And hey, a girl has got to make an honest living as well. ;-)

I can wait to see what you do with the pattern. Don't forget to share with us all. Thanks again! Karen






5 comments:

  1. Du bist wirklich erfrischt aus dem Urlaub zurück. Du sprudelst ja förmlich. Das ist ein schönes Quiltchen, und ich kann mir vorstellen, es wäre auch sehr schön in ganz Groß!
    LG
    kATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it!! Am finally finishing up the Forgotten Five Mini Quilt that I pieced last fall. Such a delight to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    A fabulous pattern!!!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPERSCHÖN!! Ich liebe das Chevron-Muster!!
    LG
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments! You really make my day! - Karen

Notice:
If you comment on my blog, your personal data such as IP-Address will be collected by Google. Find more information about this on my General Data Protection Page:

https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.htm or that from Google.
___________________________

Hinweis:
Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.