Tuesday, July 8, 2014

more kitsch

Summertime is the best time of the year! Unfortunately, it is not the best time to get my sewing done. There are so many other interesting things to get me out of the house and away from the sewing machine. But, I did take out some of my to-do SewKitschy blocks and start sewing again. You can download all of the patterns on Craftsy or jump in late with the free SAL from Kristy at QuietPlay.

I was undecided if I was going to use this really nice turquoise blue in just a couple of the blocks or replace it with brown. Since I went back to my original plan of using primarily brown, red, and a little beige...I grabbed back to the turquoise to make it just a little more kitschy again.

I also realized something along the way. I really wanted to use these really great larger prints for most of the blocks. That was what drew me to the SAL in the first place. When I started to sew the lemonade pitcher, I sewed on one stripe, flipped it under and sewed in place. I didn't want to go shifting the main fabric around like I had done on previous blocks. It was and would be too much of a hassle and the complete effect is/would be lost. This is what I mean:


The radio went together really well except for the handle. It didn't really want to match up the way I wanted it too. I am curious to see what I am going to do with the front of the radio as far as embroidery or t-shirt stickers.

I apologize if the photographs are too vivid. I think I have to check the settings on the new computer and/or old camera.

Just two more blocks and I can write this one off. I am happy that some things are coming to an end. I need more time for other projects, but I will miss this one!!

Happy patching! Karen

3 comments:

  1. Liebe Karen,
    Die Sew Kitschy - Blöcke sind Dir super gelungen! Mir gefällt ganz besonders der rote Stoff vom Krug! Ich muss diesen BOM auch noch aufholen...
    Liebe Grüße
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Karen,
    auch das hast Du gemeistert. Dein groß gemusterter Stoff sieht super aus, und auf dem Krug passt das große Muster sehr gut.
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fun fabrics you are using for your kitchen blocks.

    ReplyDelete