Friday, July 18, 2014

jump start top finished!

Oh, lala! Today I get to show off my finished top for this summer's EQ7 SAL Jump Start hosted by Jenny. The main point of this SAL was to learn some essential skills for working with EQ7. Although I have had the program for several years and designed many a quilt, I did learn a few things. If only I could keep them stored on my mental harddrive. ;-)

This little sampler was a little more complicated. Only one of my blocks finished at 9.5" square. The rest were 9.25 or 9.125. I trimmed them to the average and went from there. Since I was using fabrics from my stash...this lovely yellow and gray from Marcus called New Wave, I decided to take a layout that would maximize my fat quarter fabrics. The checker border fabric was one entire FQ! I evened it up just a bit, but it still worked. I even centered it on the gray sashing corner blocks. Did you notice? I first wanted to put yellow squares on the order border corners, but the darker color allows your eye to get drawn into the sampler. Now, just to quilt. Since there is a square or a hint of a square in the center, I think that will be my starting point. Gray and yellow thread will have to come into play.

You can see all of my blocks and more pictures on flickr.

I am really really curious see everyone else's and to see which layout they chose!

Thanks for dropping by!

Karen

4 comments:

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments! You really make my day! - Karen

Notice:
If you comment on my blog, your personal data such as IP-Address will be collected by Google. Find more information about this on my General Data Protection Page:

https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.htm or that from Google.
___________________________

Hinweis:
Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.