Friday, July 18, 2014

i am a junkie!

Linked from Twitter
...a Downton Abbey Junkie that is! I first got hooked on the series a couple of years ago at Christmastime. The series was being shown on ARD or ZDF with two episodes back to back for an entire week. My husband and I were immediately hooked.

Now every so often a good series comes along and gets me hooked. I do like a good soap opera! I like to have one television program per week to get me looking forward to it. It has been a while since that has happened. And it is a big shame, but none of the German channels are broadcasting this series one episode per week...not that I know of at least.

Anyway, we got hooked. Season One was over and done with and I wanted to watch more! So, I had to buy the next season, and we watched it together again. We watched the first two seasons dubbed in German, because my husband was having a bit of a trouble understanding them with mixed English accents. (I was too and some of the dubbing was better for some of the actors.) I asked for the third season for Christmas 2013, and tucked it away nice and neatly and waited for the perfect time to get it back out when things needed a little more excitement.

This last week was that moment. I started watching two episodes a night and skipping a night. This time, I watched them in the original language!! I have become a junkie; I do admit it! I wanted to pace a little more time between them or stretch them out over a couple of months, but it simply didn't happen. I was also a little disappointed when I read on another quilt blog that she watched all three seasons and cut half-square-triangles (HST) at the same time. That's great for her BUT she told of some very important details looking forward to Season Four. I was a little sad..and intrigued and had to continue to watch more episodes. I think one or two are still unwatched..but I will not release any details!

I have come to find out that Season Five is ready to be launched. That is very exciting! I can't wait..I think I have to go and buy Season Four now. What is really and truly amazing is seeing the actors out of costume...they are gorgeous! I think the biggest transformation is Mrs. O'Brien; she is a very stunning and beautiful woman who plays her part most exceptionally! Bravo!

Oh..oh, oh...and I was tickled when I found out last year that there is a fabric line named after Downton Abbey. I am not too crazy about the fabrics, because I don't think they are totally in line with the era.

Here is a preview:

Linked from Andover Fabrics
 There are lines for each of the major female characters represented in the first three seasons.

Are you a Downton Abbey Junkie too? I do need some support!

Thanks for dropping by!
Karen

P.S. Season Four should arrive at my doorstep today!!

5 comments:

  1. Da bin ich absolut bei dir - ebenfalls Downton Abbey-Junkie! Wenn ich daran denke, dass die nächste Staffel erst im nächsten Jahr kommt ... :-(
    Die Stoffe habe ich hier auch alle und bin dabei, einen Quilt daraus zu machen, die sind wirklich wunderschön.

    Liebe Grüße
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Karen,
    da kann ich leider nicht mitreden, Ich kenne die Serie nicht.
    Aber ich wünsch Dir viel Spaß beim Schauen, und wer weiß, vielleicht schneidest Du ja auch mal nebenbei Dreiecke zu?
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo liebe Karen,
    ich kenne die Serie auch nicht.... aber die Stoffe sehen ja wunderschön aus!!!!!
    Liebe Grüße
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am a big fan of Downton Abbey. I have seen all the episodes am so ready for the new season 5 to begin. Tough to wait so long. it is amazing how many Hubbies get hooked on it. Mine is . A friend is ,making a double wedding ring quilt in the new line of fabrics from that hit series. enjoying each year of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I both like the show. We checked out the DVDs from our library. We are all caught up and can't wait the next season to come out in January.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments! You really make my day! - Karen

Notice:
If you comment on my blog, your personal data such as IP-Address will be collected by Google. Find more information about this on my General Data Protection Page:

https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.htm or that from Google.
___________________________

Hinweis:
Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.