Tuesday, March 11, 2014

a simple striped bowl

Today I sewed together my third Sew Kitschy block featured as a free BOM from Quiet Play. This simple foundation BOM starting to become a real challenge for me, and it shouldn't. I think it is because I am torn about the fabrics. I totally love the turquoise and red of the layout and wanted to recreate it, BUT I decided that I was NOT going to buy more fabric just to sew it together. A girl has got to draw the line somewhere! According to my accountant, my fabric expenses could soon be frozen. What peeked my interest about this collection of blocks, was the fact that the wallpaper/background used large prints. This looks great, but is extremely hard to sew together without making a lot of templates and fussy cutting!

When I started this block, I went back to the original fabrics I had chosen; I did not have the bright turquoise blue planned that I used in the first two blocks. However, the use of an unexpected color always make the objects pop out. If I take it out, it won't be in tune with the original Sew Kitschy, but it would become unique. And that is what it should be for me...fun and unique. Take it and make it yours!


I am playing with the idea of removing the bright turquoise blue from the first two blocks. I will decide that later. Right now, I just want to have some fun sewing.

Here is my third block. It is a little less contrasty than the others without the bright turquoise. It almost looks pale! (Reminder to myself....don't concentrate on the individual block, but the entire whole.)


Thank you for dropping by and reading my blog! I simply love to hear what you have to say, so leave a comment or two!

Happy Sewing,
Karen

P.S...I removed the Mini Plus Challenge due to lack of interest - on both sides!

4 comments:

  1. Also mir gefällt Dein 3. Block sehr gut! Manchmal denke ich Du machst Dir zu viele Gedanken, folge einfach Deinem ersten Gedanken, und alles wird gut!
    LG
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the aqua and red color scheme! The striped bowl turned out darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sehr schön gemacht. Ich finde Deine Stoffauswahl wieder sehr gelungen....
    Herzliche Grüsse
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great block, it does not look pale! i also think this will work well with the other 2 blocks, remember, you don't have to have the first two blocks next to each other in the finished piece so it doesn't matter if they're the only two that use that colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments! You really make my day! - Karen

Notice:
If you comment on my blog, your personal data such as IP-Address will be collected by Google. Find more information about this on my General Data Protection Page:

https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.htm or that from Google.
___________________________

Hinweis:
Wenn du auf meinem Blog kommentierst, werden die von dir eingegebenen Formulardaten (und unter Umständen auch weitere personenbezogene Daten, wie z. B. deine IP-Adresse) an Google-Server übermittelt. Mehr Infos dazu findest du in meiner Datenschutzerklärung (https://easypatchwork.blogspot.de/p/datenschutz.html) und in der Datenschutzerklärung von Google.